- Cough can be acute (lasting for a few days) or chronic (lasting for weeks).
- Chronic cough can be caused by a variety of conditions. The most common cause in children is from asthma while the most common cause for adults is from Post-nasal drip syndrome (allergens and irritants), Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), Habit and ACE inhibitors (blood pressure medications).
- Chronic cough can interfere with daily activities, sleep and bladder control in females.
- There is a need for specific causes to be identified in order to eliminate and treat chronic cough.
- Allergists help identify causes to facilitate treatment options or initiate further investigations.
What People Say About Us!
"Got treated very well!!! All staff were polite and listened to what was going on!"